Better hurry, you’re running out of time! Yes, I’m talking to YOU! Act NOW or you could lose out! What am I referring to? Rising mortgage interest rates!
How This Affects You
A Democrat-controlled Congress could put upward pressure on rates because they will likely increase government spending, and more government spending can lead to higher mortgage rates. Which means if you’re looking to sell your home, there will be fewer buyers able to qualify to purchase it making it more difficult to sell. And if you want to buy a home, your buying limit will be reduced as mortgage rates increase so you may not be able to afford the home you really want.
So what’s a person to do? SELL AND BUY NOW! Don’t wait—take advantage of the great low rates available. “How do I do that?” you may ask.
The Next Step
First, if you’re serious about selling your home, then you have to move out of it immediately. Well, okay, not physically, but rather, emotionally. I understand the marks you made on little Billy’s bedroom door as you measured his height as he grew up are priceless. But…I know this is hard to believe…whoever buys your home really doesn’t care about your Billy’s growth history. Nor the place in the backyard you buried Susie’s gerbil after the “funeral”. Nor that special closet where you kept your wedding dress for the last 23 years. Remember, buyers want a “blank slate” to work with when they move into a home.
But there are things you did or can do to make your home more attractive to buyers. Like those hours you labored in the front flower beds to pamper your beautiful azaleas to compete for “yard of the month” in your neighborhood. And the upgrade to your back patio by adding an outdoor kitchen. And converting the carpets to hard-surface flooring. And painting the interior “Agreeable Gray” was also a smart move. So what else should you consider doing? Here are just a few ideas:
- Refinish the front door
- Have the front landscaping refreshed—lawn edged, trees and shrubs trimmed, new mulch, gutters cleaned
- Hire a handyman to do cosmetic improvements—paint touch-ups, minor window screen repairs, replace broken outlet and light switch plates, etc.
- Pressure wash the driveway, home, or sidewalk as needed
- Declutter rooms and counter tops—pack excess items and place in garage
- Reduce the volume of shoes and clothing in the closets—donate extra items to a charity
- Stage the outdoor living area
- Reduce evidence of pets living in the home
- If the home smells of smoke, pets, or other unpleasant odors, use an ozone generator machine to remove the odors
- Pack away political, religious, or sports items that could be offensive to buyers
- Look at some of the features homebuyers request most often and see if you can accentuate any of these features
So what are you waiting for? These historically low interest rates may not last long. Don’t be one of those people saying, “What was I thinking? Why didn’t I act when interest rates were so low?!” ACT NOW!
Call me, Good News Bob, today—and we can turn 2021 into your year!